Dragon Riders: The Battle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Riders: The Battle Forum

A site that was once home to a freeform RPG known as the Battle (casually taking place in Dragon Riders), but now kept for history's sake. Probably.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the forums, https://sbanenthebattle.forumotion.com/u16!
was last online at Thu Jan 01, 1970.
Today is Fri Apr 19, 2024.

Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Custom User Title : The Aeonian Twilight Join date : 2012-12-03
Nickname : Charlie

Character Sheets
Element: Ice
Limit Breaks: Frozen Tears / Ice Needle / Chill Mist

Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Empty
PostSubject: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Post your comments about Shane's Cave Story 0 in here!

NOTE: Everything that happens in this story is what happened in dreams I had. In other words, most of this story is based on a dream. Hence, it is NOT my fault for any of the weirdness that is in it, but rather the dream's fault.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Prologue has been posted. However, it contains swearing and is a direct copy from the book in which I written it - remember, everything that happens in this story is based on a dream I had. Except for the "FEST" chapters (Chapter 30, Chapter 31, I guess), because I figured that "screw the dream, I'm just gonna go on with four humans with elemental powers". Razz

Erin: Kanpachi made this character, who appears in Shadow of the Stars and Shane's Cave Story 1.
I figured, Erin should have a chapter all to herself, since how did she reach the floating island on Newerth if she was on Earth?

The other three, well, those are to be made yet, by three other people. They will get PM'd and may or may not be from these forums. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mvskoke
Hero
Hero
Mvskoke

Nickname : Mvskoke

Character Sheets
Element: Wind
Limit Breaks: Aeroblivion / Whirlwind Whip / Quad Tornado

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 am

It was interesting. I was impressed
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Chapter 1 has been posted. However, it contains (possible) swearing and is a direct copy from the book in which I written it - remember, everything that happens in this story is based on a dream I had. It also contains Draconian, a language that I'm still working on since June 2012.
(Technically, the word "da wohl" existed since 1 June 2008, but I began full work on the language in June 2012)

I'll make a post about the Draconian language in the future.

Mvskoke wrote:
It was interesting. I was impressed
Thanks. Smile
As a result of your post, you reminded me to continue work on Chapter 1 and post it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Custom User Title : Iris Heart ~ Plutia Join date : 2013-02-26
Nickname : The Eternal Oblivion EX, Cos

Character Sheets
Element: Poison
Limit Breaks: Toxic Flower / Toxic Sun / Poison Gas Explosion

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 pm

PROLOGUE:
I like how the bridesmaids are an evil gang of crooks wearing gas masks.

CHAPTER 1:
Pretty interesting! Very Happy
I fixed some minor errors for you, by the way - there was a [/i] tag at the end of one of the sentences, and it didn't make any sense so I added a [ i] tag before it.

MADDIE:
I made a thread for her, by the way. Hope that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Kim wrote:
PROLOGUE:
Heh, I wrote it like I dreamt it, although with "maids" it was actually the kind who people hire to perform menial tasks around the household.

Kim wrote:
CHAPTER 1:
I fixed some minor errors for you, by the way - there was a [/i] tag at the end of one of the sentences, and it didn't make any sense so I added a [ i] tag before it.
Thanks!
If anyone finds BBCode parsing errors (like the one Kim fixed), notify me - or fix it yourself, if you can.

Kim wrote:
MADDIE:
Yes, it is. In fact, it's so okay that you did it correctly. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 am

Chapter 2 has been posted!

Shane wrote:
Kim wrote:
PROLOGUE:
Heh, I wrote it like I dreamt it, although with "maids" it was actually the kind who people hire to perform menial tasks around the household.
Oh, those maids. Surprised

Shane wrote:
Kim wrote:
CHAPTER 1:
Thanks!
If anyone finds BBCode parsing errors (like the one Kim fixed), notify me - or fix it yourself, if you can.
That sounds like an awesome idea.

Shane wrote:
Kim wrote:
MADDIE:
Yes, it is. In fact, it's so okay that you did it correctly. Thumbs Up
No problem.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:38 am

Kim wrote:
Chapter 2 has been posted!
Thanks!

Now, KarjamP, you can write Chapter 3.

Preferably not with the Purple Karjam or yourself or Nega-Lime Karjam as characters - they don't appear in Chapter 3, yet, they appear in chapter 28 or 27... if I remember correctly. And the other characters (the Cruz sisters and Shaun and Kimberley and their relatives) don't appear either, although they are allowed to be mentioned.

The dwarves and the staff of Frogwings are allowed to appear, however.
How else would a school for Magery that is located between Struisbaai and Gansbaai function? Razz

If you must include the Cruz sisters, you'll have to ask Kim for their dialogue, although you can set the topic.
At the end of the post is an example.*

So basically, mostly new characters for Chapter 3, with this format:

Code:
[font=Times New Roman][center][size=24][b][i]CHAPTER 3[/i][/b][/size]
[size=18][b][i]  *title*  [/i][/b][/size][/center]

* chapter 3 goes here *

[/font]
Obviously, * title * has to have a title (like how Chapter 1 has "Secret of the Blacks" or Chapter 2 has "Deadlier Than Poison Gas" - why, Kim, why? Dread ).

At the * chapter 3 goes here * part, the story goes.

In the chapter, you can just make a new character or several new ones (no matter what Razz) who were born in sometime 1996, then add how they went to Frogwings (the magical school). However, on the day that term starts, is also the day that Shaun and Kimberley is taken there by the headmistress, so the last day of the chapter should be 31 August 2004.

In 2004, the first term would begin on 1 September - the first term always starts on the first Wednesday of September, so in 2005, it'd start on 7 September. This year, it would begin on the 4th of September - which would be Emily Black's birthday.

And please don't break the fourth wall. Otherwise my anger will flow free~ Rio
That, and the fourth wall is supposed to be unknown to all who appear.

As for future chapters, don't worry! I'll work all the new characters into the main story somehow. That's a challenge I actually need, to be honest. Wacko

The minimum length is the same length as the Prologue, and the maximum length? What maximum length? Razz

* Example:
Code:
"So, are you really from Phoenix, in Arizona?" Jared asked the Cruz sisters.
"<yes>," Siobhan answered. "<where are you from>?"
"I'm from Durban, on this very country," he answered. "What's the weather like there?"
"<it's becoming colder there>," Dixie answered. "<I hate coldness>."
"Don't worry, I hate it too!" Jared replied, laughing.
"<who told you about this school>?" Erika asked rudely.
"<Erika, don't be rude>!" Marcel exclaimed.
"It's okay," Jared said, smiling. "My parents were both magicians who graduated from here."

"text" (surrounded by a > and < ) is to be replaced with what Kim wishes them to say, with how she wants her characters to say.
For example, Kim could decide that the full dialogue could be:
Code:
"Yeah," Siobhan answered. "So, where are you from?"
"I'm from Durban, on this very country," he answered. "What's the weather like there?"
"It's starting to get colder there," Dixie answered. "I don't like the cold."
"Who told you about Frogwings?" Erika asked rudely.
"Erika!" Marcel exclaimed.
"It's okay," Jared said, smiling. "My parents were both magicians who graduated from here."

Alternatively, she could decide that it could be:
Code:
"Yep," Siobhan answered. "Are you from around here?"
"No, I'm from Durban, on this very country," he answered. "What's the weather like there?"
"It used to be warm, but it's becoming the opposite these days," Dixie answered. "I really hate cold weather."
"And who in blazes told you about this school, huh?" Erika asked rudely.
"Erika! It's impolite to be rude!" Marcel exclaimed.

You can just adapt your text to what Kim's text is, if need be.

Any questions?

Code:
EDIT: <code> will result in the text being invisible, unless it's inside [code][/code] tags. :/

Hence, why I said this:

"text" (surrounded by a > and < )
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 pm

I have two questions.
One: can I do the timeline?
Two: are you putting the characters from Chapter 2 (like the dwarves) as canon? I remember you mentioning someplace that you didn't plan on allowing others to make chapters (like KarjamP and I do).
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Taylor wrote:
I have two questions.
Shoot any questions you wish to.

Taylor wrote:
One: can I do the timeline?
Yeah, you can.

Taylor wrote:
Two: are you putting the characters from Chapter 2 (like the dwarves) as canon? I remember you mentioning someplace that you didn't plan on allowing others to make chapters (like KarjamP and I do).
All characters in this fanfic are canon. So, your characters are canon. KarjamP's characters are canon. Even Captain Jack Sparrow's characters are canon! Razz

Also, I used Quotev to get a (rough) page and word list thing.

FOREWORD: 2 pages, 388 words
PROLOGUE: 8 pages, 1940 words
CHAPTER 1: 11 pages, 2868 words
CHAPTER 2: 27 pages, 7293 words

TOTAL: 48 pages, 12 489 words

By the shipwrecked X.R. Diandrixia sinking faster than the Titanic after getting struck by lightning before eaten by a Kyogre of icy doom and gloom and broom, Taylor, you almost pushed the word count up to eleven! EEK!

Which would mean each chapter would have had about 663 words in order to literally have the word count kicked up to eleven in your chapter. Dread
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:55 am

I can push that up to eleven - literally Razz

And thanks! I didn't see the canon thing coming, though.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets
Element: Heart
Limit Breaks: Rejuvenating Heart / No More Caring / Power of Heart

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Just to let you guys know about chapter progress, I added a new seccion where the kids overheard their foster father about going to Frogwings, the school so obscure that searching for it online brings up no results. Might need some more fine tuning.

Now stuck on trying to figure out how to make the drow assasions attacking and Joe and Jane using their new found powers to work (perhaps discovering it before the drows appeared).

You know what, thinking about it (like typing it out) actually gave me some ideas.

Either way, I won't type it out today.

If I am to type it tomorrow, it would be in the morning or the afternoon (going to my grandparent's place in the evening).
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:47 pm

KarjamP wrote:
Just to let you guys know about chapter progress, I added a new seccion where the kids overheard their foster father about going to Frogwings, the school so obscure that searching for it online brings up no results. Might need some more fine tuning.
Sounds interesting ^_^

My curiosity flows free~ Green Critter

KarjamP wrote:
Now stuck on trying to figure out how to make the drow assasions attacking and Joe and Jane using their new found powers to work (perhaps discovering it before the drows appeared).

You know what, thinking about it (like typing it out) actually gave me some ideas.
Why not let the droven assassins try to literally backstab them and it backfiring because Joe and Jane noticing the shadows of the assassins and thus dodge the backstab attempt?

KarjamP wrote:
Either way, I won't type it out today.

If I am to type it tomorrow, it would be in the morning or the afternoon (going to my grandparent's place in the evening).
... What about the beforenoon or the lessning? Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Shane wrote:
Why not let the droven assassins try to literally backstab them and it backfiring because Joe and Jane noticing the shadows of the assassins and thus dodge the backstab attempt?

I'll consider it.

And what do you mean by "literally backstab"?
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 am

KarjamP wrote:
And what do you mean by "literally backstab"?
As in, stabbed in the back with a knife or something.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 am

Kinda figured out what you meant.

Afterall I never knew "backstab" was a synonym to "betrayal". Razz

Anyway, I can think of how that would work: killed father, kids came looking at father, looking at shadow, dodged shadow, realized that the attackers are drows, thus getting very surprised.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:48 am

KarjamP wrote:
Kinda figured out what you meant.

Afterall I never knew "backstab" was a synonym to "betrayal". Razz
Well, one learns something new everyday, right? Green Wacko

KarjamP wrote:
Anyway, I can think of how that would work: killed father, kids came looking at father, looking at shadow, dodged shadow, realized that the attackers are drows, thus getting very surprised.
Yeah, that'll work great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Besides schoolwork and the fact that I'm trying to curve my bad habit of procrastination, the only thing that's hindering me from continuing writing chapter three is fear. Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) 2220384032
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Fear of what? Surprised
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 9:39 pm

I don't know. DOING it, perhaps? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Be brave, KarjamP! Please? Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Chonk
Fifth Elemental Prince
Fifth Elemental Prince
Chonk

Custom User Title : Potatolord of the potatoes Join date : 2012-12-21
Nickname : Chonk

Character Sheets
Element: Data
Limit Breaks: Silk Viper / Spears of Fabric / Cloth Monster Strike

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 12:55 pm

The progress is quite slow, isn't it? Perhaps I can write a couple of chapters, now that I am very free.

It's ok if you want to carry on with the specified people on the writing list.

I am just here to help. So is my cousin.
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, I'll try to ask Shane, but his wireless keyboard is USELESS at the moment, so... Sigh...

Of course, you can just write a chapter with 5th elemental characters who arrive at Frogwings, and we'll increase the chapter count Wink
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Perhaps tomorrow.

I just came home from a Mothers Day meal at a restaurant, and before then, we went for a drive. While at home, my mom wanted me to at least do a bit of my Computer Hardware and Software assignment, and now I want to rest for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:50 pm

It's Mothers Day?! Oh shell, I clean forgot! Open Mouth
Back to top Go down
Chonk
Fifth Elemental Prince
Fifth Elemental Prince
Chonk

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:05 am

[offtopic]
It was mother's day yesterday, and my father's birthday. That leaves me as the only NVIP in the house. (Not very important person)
[/offtopic]

Anyways you shouldn't call Shane poor. More like unfortunate. Anyways, I guess I can write a chapter on that. Although I will PM it to you, Taylor. Because I am not good at copying personalities of characters that are not mine.

So you can do the 4 sisters' speech the way they should say it. Makes them sound natural. I'll handle the rest. I am pretty fast at typing also.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm

To tell the truth, I have less chance of working on this today due to homework and a doctor's appointment about my throat (honestly, my throat seems to get the most infections out of all my body parts).
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Well, I'm setting a deadline: end of the year. (jk)

Hope you get well soon, KP!
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks.

Good think you didn't call me PK. Razz
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

I had decided not to work on it today.

I'm not trying to be lazy, but since the illness made me tired and miserable when I'm up and about...
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Taylor wrote:
Of course, you can just write a chapter with 5th elemental characters who arrive at Frogwings, and we'll increase the chapter count Wink
Kushagra wrote:
So you can do the 4 sisters' speech the way they should say it. Makes them sound natural. I'll handle the rest. I am pretty fast at typing also.
Dragon Riders episode 1 can have 65 chapters, y'know.

Go right ahead, Kushagra. Although Shaun and Kimberley will appear in the chapter after KarjamP's. Razz

Taylor wrote:
Well, I'm setting a deadline: end of the year. (jk)
Don't even think about it. Set a deadline for Dragon Riders and I'll unleash my free-flowing fury faster than a Rasengan from Naruto or a Chidori from Sasuke. Mad
Back to top Go down
Chonk
Fifth Elemental Prince
Fifth Elemental Prince
Chonk

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:55 pm

What about a Rasenshuriken or a Raikiri? Razz
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Wouldn't know about that, since South Africa hasn't had those episodes aired yet - and I only know of the Rasengan due to TV Tropes. Whistling...
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:15 pm

South Africa's behind when it comes to TV Shows.

I think it's only a few years back that they decided to air the first season of CSI Miami on SABC3 (one of SA's four free TV stations {if you consider having to pay a TV license free}, the others SABC1, SABC2 and ETV).

Ontopic, I would've continued yesterday if it wasn't for writer's block kicking in after adding Shane's suggestion for a "literal backstab attempt".

IE, I don't know what to write after that. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:26 pm

KarjamP wrote:
South Africa's behind when it comes to TV Shows.

I think it's only a few years back that they decided to air the first season of CSI Miami on SABC3 (one of SA's four free TV stations {if you consider having to pay a TV license free}, the others SABC1, SABC2 and ETV).

Ontopic, I would've continued yesterday if it wasn't for writer's block kicking in after adding Shane's suggestion for a "literal backstab attempt".

IE, I don't know what to write after that. Neutral
Have the characters found out about Frogwings yet?
If so, why not let them head off there?
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Well, I still need to figure out how to get them to use their newfound powers to defend themselves (they discovered it moments ago), kill the drows, and then the Karjamian would come to give them the full story of their background and why they must go to Frogwings.

They DID hear about it from their foster father beforehand (or rather, overheard him talking to himself). Joe even Googled it, but there wasn't any search results for that school, much to his confusion.

I killed off the father, of course.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:41 pm

KarjamP wrote:
Well, I still need to figure out how to get them to use their newfound powers to defend themselves (they discovered it moments ago), kill the drows, and then the Karjamian would come to give them the full story of their background and why they must go to Frogwings.

They DID hear about it from their foster father beforehand (or rather, overheard him talking to himself). Joe even Googled it, but there wasn't any search results for that school, much to his confusion.

I killed off the father, of course.
Hmm... They could try to combine their powers and attack the drows in self-defence while a Karjamian approaches the scene with the intent of stopping the assassins.

And thanks, you just gave me an idea regarding Shaun and Kimberley (pre-Frogwings) Razz
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Well, I did figure they should use their powers to soak the drows and then fry them to death with electricity, and have the Karjamian come to save them.

It's in between the "literal backstab" part and that, that is, how the drows chase them, and how the chapter's protagonists figure out they must try to use their powers to defend themselves..
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:12 pm

KarjamP wrote:
Well, I did figure they should use their powers to soak the drows and then fry them to death with electricity, and have the Karjamian come to save them.

It's in between the "literal backstab" part and that, that is, how the drows chase them, and how the chapter's protagonists figure out they must try to use their powers to defend themselves..
Here's what I, Taylor the Forum Princess, think.
  • KarjamP wrote:
    how the drows chase them
    By running in stealth, cloaked with invisibility only to become visible to tell their victims their end?
    Anyway, how about you let the drows chase the chapter protags at a public school?
  • KarjamP wrote:
    how the chapter's protagonists figure out they must try to use their powers to defend themselves
    Do they know about their powers already? If not, one of them should accidentally fire off a blast of electricity, which will lead to the other trying to fire off a blast of water (which is successful) and then to a combined attack of a fusion of electrical beams and water lasers.
    If they do know about their powers already, they could communicate via a special telepathy that only they can use. If I remember correctly, those two are siblings, right?
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:33 am

Never thought about the telepathy thing. Neutral

I guess that if they were going to have telepathy, they didn't know about it until they've been chased.

They had accidently used their powers before, Jane accidently causing a puddle after she trips, and Joe accidently shocking Jane while they were cleaning up the mess with towels (water's conductive, yes?).

Also, how could they be chased at public school if the drows attacked in the middle of the night?

Also, thanks for reminding me of their stealth. They could stalk Joe and Jane until they've trapped them, but I currently can't think of how to pull it off.

BTW, them being siblings doesn't necessarily mean they have a psychic link with each other. Razz

Only considering it since you've suggested it.
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

KarjamP wrote:
Never thought about the telepathy thing. Neutral

I guess that if they were going to have telepathy, they didn't know about it until they've been chased.
Or something like that. Wink

KarjamP wrote:
They had accidently used their powers before, Jane accidently causing a puddle after she trips, and Joe accidently shocking Jane while they were cleaning up the mess with towels (water's conductive, yes?).
Depends on which planet the water is. I dunno about Draconia and other worlds made up by Shane, but Elvanian water's not conductive. Surfacian water is (Surfacia is Earth, although what Shane was thinking, I dunno).
Now I wonder how Water/Electric Pokémon can live underwater without shocking everything in it, though. Sweatdrop

KarjamP wrote:
Also, how could they be chased at public school if the drows attacked in the middle of the night?
They could be chased there during the night, who knows?

KarjamP wrote:
Also, thanks for reminding me of their stealth. They could stalk Joe and Jane until they've trapped them, but I currently can't think of how to pull it off.
Assassins are often stealthy, but clumsy assassins are horrible at stealth and best at hilarity~
... Couldn't stop myself. Shane's randomness has corrupted me Sad

KarjamP wrote:
BTW, them being siblings doesn't necessarily mean they have a psychic link with each other. Razz

Only considering it since you've suggested it.
Telepathy is awesome indeed, yet why the royal Dragon Riders only have telepathy with each other and no other, and why they have to be very close, is unknown~
Maybe TV Tropes ruined my life? Dread
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:13 pm

They were living on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Then it's conductive. (Unless I fail on my sciences, but I doubt it.)

Elvanian water is non-conductive to electricity.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:41 pm

They're Draconian inhumans put under safe keeping by their adoptive father who's killed in my chapter.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Draconian Inhumans.
Didn't see that coming. Sweatdrop
Ah well, the more, the better, right? Razz
There's already about 90+ students in Frogwings (I have yet to post the list somewhere) and Frobiss has less than 50 known students (but Frobiss isn't very important to the plot so it matters not).

Draconian Inhumans are, while on Draconia, taught that eating humans grants immortality, even if it's not true - at the moment, Jrailran (Kim's father and the King of Draconia Kingdom) wants humanity to stop existing, but I plan for future chapters and such to change it ever since Shane encounters him. (In other words, Jrailran will eventually cease his plans to end humanity because of an Inhuman whose biological parents are humans. Something like that.)

Also, Draconian water is similar to Earth's, Taylor.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Going to continue on the story as soon as I think I have free time.

Not today, as I want to rest before I have Japanese lessons.

Still have two assignments to do.

I think I've figured out how to do it.

(have them run outside the house, trying to get away from them, but the drow's stalking skills make it difficult for them to escape, so they keep on running till they reach a dead end of some sort).

Sorry it's taking so long to write. A combination of school work, writer's block, having to deal with my bad habit of procrastination (trying to curve it, of course), fear of doing it and some other stuff had being hindering my progress.

Not that I don't want to do this, of course, but when you task me something potentially long like this, then I may struggle to complete it quickly (or, if it's not important, struggle to even do it).

I guess if I were to become a Computer Scientist/Game Designer like what I want to do in the future, I need to find a way around these stuff. Sweatdrop

For the other chapters I've been assigned to do, also don't expect me to do it in a timely matter too. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:52 pm

KarjamP wrote:
Going to continue on the story as soon as I think I have free time.

Not today, as I want to rest before I have Japanese lessons.

Still have two assignments to do.

I think I've figured out how to do it.

(have them run outside the house, trying to get away from them, but the drow's stalking skills make it difficult for them to escape, so they keep on running till they reach a dead end of some sort).

Sorry it's taking so long to write. A combination of school work, writer's block, having to deal with my bad habit of procrastination (trying to curve it, of course), fear of doing it and some other stuff had being hindering my progress.

Not that I don't want to do this, of course, but when you task me something potentially long like this, then I may struggle to complete it quickly (or, if it's not important, struggle to even do it).

I guess if I were to become a Computer Scientist/Game Designer like what I want to do in the future, I need to find a way around these stuff. Sweatdrop

For the other chapters I've been assigned to do, also don't expect me to do it in a timely matter too. Neutral
Don't worry. Sometimes, I also procrastinate most of the time and most other things that are bad also hindering any progress I would have (like financial problems and such).

I guess writing chapters will help with getting over the fear of doing it? I myself was scared when I first started, but now I'm not anymore (although I am scared of my progress suddenly disappearing like the morning fog).
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:59 pm

About the the fear part, I was talking about what happened in the past there.

I'm no longer afraid to write it (or so I think. Neutral ).

And thanks for the encouragement.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:42 pm

KarjamP wrote:
About the the fear part, I was talking about what happened in the past there.

I'm no longer afraid to write it (or so I think. Neutral ).
Ah.

KarjamP wrote:
And thanks for the encouragement.
No problem.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

I have exams coming by, so I need to set my priorities.

Besides, when I wanted to continue writing the chapter a couple of days back, I discovered I still have that writers block on what to do after the "literal backstab". :-\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)   Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shane's Cave Story 0 (novel; comments)
Page 1 of 1