Dragon Riders: The Battle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Riders: The Battle Forum

A site that was once home to a freeform RPG known as the Battle (casually taking place in Dragon Riders), but now kept for history's sake. Probably.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the forums, https://sbanenthebattle.forumotion.com/u16!
was last online at Thu Jan 01, 1970.
Today is Fri Apr 26, 2024.

Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Custom User Title : The Aeonian Twilight Join date : 2012-12-03
Nickname : Charlie

Character Sheets
Element: Ice
Limit Breaks: Frozen Tears / Ice Needle / Chill Mist

Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Empty
PostSubject: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

This is my second Cave Story mod, Shane's Cave Story.

STORY:
The protagonist, Shane, finds himself in the world of Cave Story, and the world looks far more different than he remembered it to be from the original Cave Story. He has to find a way back home, but will he be able to?

Download version 0.9X

NOTE:
This version will receive a lot of changes between version 0.9X and version 1.0.
This is because of Shane's Cave Story 0 having things changed, and because the extended ending will get even more extended.

Last edited by Shane on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets
Element: Heart
Limit Breaks: Rejuvenating Heart / No More Caring / Power of Heart

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Would PK be added to the mod, by any chance? Razz
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Possibly, only at the end of the 1st SCS as a cameo.

He'll appear fully in SCS 2. Razz

'Sides, Shane and Kim won't know him as they get amnesia'd again (they lose all memories from after they get attacked by a Heartless).

When the time comes for you to write Chapter 28, I shall notify you and add guidelines or something. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mvskoke
Hero
Hero
Mvskoke

Nickname : Mvskoke

Character Sheets
Element: Wind
Limit Breaks: Aeroblivion / Whirlwind Whip / Quad Tornado

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 am

Serious bug

At the start of the game. If you restart from the first save point. The baby blue breakable block that breaks during the fourth wall part of the cutscene comes back. And I cant break it with fists so I got stuck, and had to reset and start a new game and watch all the cutscenes again.

And I couldnt figure out where to go in the water part, and drowned
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am

Start of game: there's a secret passage. Generally, a rule of thumb for SCS1 is: attack all the walls, if the fists go through them, you found a secret area.

As for the water part, I haven't figured out a use for it, you can just go to the hermit gunsmith, get a sword, and go to Mimiga Village at the top part.

This will be fixed however, regardless: due to SCS0, I have a lot of work to do fixing stuff - in SCS0, Kim and Shane know each other well enough to formulate impressive Yu-Gi-Oh TCG strategies. In SCS1, they don't know each other at all yet - not at all, even though their Nobodies do. Guess this counts as an example of Throwing It In Link , right? Wacko

So basically, SCS0 is an Unplanned Prequel, although SCS2, SCS3, SCS4 and SCS5 are Planned Sequels. Just didn't plan the many "spin-offs" (Hope of Shané, a mod I'm working on at the moment, takes place during the end of SCS0 and the start of SCS1, I guess, that's up to anyone to decide) :sweatdrop:

The moment I finish with the novelization (whatever the actual word should be) of SCS0, I'll do so with SCS1, and hopefully I'll have released the final version...

Anyway, SCS1 is a mod that is possibly insane enough to enrage everyone playing it, even those who can't become angry. I'm looking at the Tranquil from Dragon Age Origins while listening to random video game music on my computer Purple Wacko
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Custom User Title : Iris Heart ~ Plutia Join date : 2013-02-26
Nickname : The Eternal Oblivion EX, Cos

Character Sheets
Element: Poison
Limit Breaks: Toxic Flower / Toxic Sun / Poison Gas Explosion

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 am

Shane? When (and if) you make a 3D version one day, could I please choose Kim's outfit? Pretty please?

This mod is one of the best mods I've ever played, whether there are glitches or not.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 am

Kim wrote:
Shane? When (and if) you make a 3D version one day, could I please choose Kim's outfit? Pretty please?

This mod is one of the best mods I've ever played, whether there are glitches or not.
Thanks, I guess?
And how on Earth am I going to make a 3D version if I can't even tell the difference between left and right sometimes?

If I do attempt, though, yeah, you may.
Back to top Go down
Cibryll
Forum Princess
Forum Princess
Cibryll

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks to Kim, I was able to reupload this mod. The link is, as always, in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Chonk
Fifth Elemental Prince
Fifth Elemental Prince
Chonk

Custom User Title : Potatolord of the potatoes Join date : 2012-12-21
Nickname : Chonk

Character Sheets
Element: Data
Limit Breaks: Silk Viper / Spears of Fabric / Cloth Monster Strike

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Yay! I have been waiting for one of your mods. That took long.
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Custom User Title : Iris Heart ~ Plutia Join date : 2013-02-26
Nickname : The Eternal Oblivion EX, Cos

Character Sheets
Element: Poison
Limit Breaks: Toxic Flower / Toxic Sun / Poison Gas Explosion

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Sorry about that ^_^"
I saved the mods all someplace where I forgot about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)   Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shane's Cave Story 1 (mod)
Page 1 of 1