Dragon Riders: The Battle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Riders: The Battle Forum

A site that was once home to a freeform RPG known as the Battle (casually taking place in Dragon Riders), but now kept for history's sake. Probably.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the forums, https://sbanenthebattle.forumotion.com/u16!
was last online at Thu Jan 01, 1970.
Today is Fri Apr 26, 2024.

Destiny of the Minara Alliance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Custom User Title : Iris Heart ~ Plutia Join date : 2013-02-26
Nickname : The Eternal Oblivion EX, Cos

Character Sheets
Element: Poison
Limit Breaks: Toxic Flower / Toxic Sun / Poison Gas Explosion

Destiny of the Minara Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Yep.

I'll eventually make a full post, I'm a bit out of time right now Razz

However:

- You can name the protagonist (canonically, her name is Siobhán).
- You can name her allies (canonically, their names don't matter yet Razz)
- You can gain up to five spells in a single dialogue (how, I won't say Razz)
- Minara is one of the islands on Elvania. The alliance is awesome. FOR THE MINARA ALLIANCE!
- The characters that will appear in this RPG will also appear in The Elvanian Dungeons... I hope. Wacko
- Jumping.
- Combat aided by events.
- There are five known allies so far (including Siobhán).

Last edited by Taylor on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets
Element: Heart
Limit Breaks: Rejuvenating Heart / No More Caring / Power of Heart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 pm

What about letting the players name the protagonist and letting Siobhán being the default name?
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:43 am

See, I use \N[2] to make the game display her name in text boxes, right?
But I want her name to be kept unknown (and in case somebody hacked the game to change her name at the start), I decided to let all her speech boxes use \N[2] instead.

... Did you copy and paste the name or did you use Alt + Numpad 0 2 2 5 to get the "á" letter?

Also, it appears I've made a typo: the name should be "Minara", not "Mirana". Razz

Anyway, so far, out of 20 maps, I've got 6 (the Prison, the Crystal World, and a few areas of the Minara island).

Siobhán gets attacked by a monster while in prison (on Ireland), ends up in a Crystal World, gets poisoned, races against the clock to prevent death by it (I'm having a bit of trouble with that), reaches a purple crystal (nope, no foreshadowing of a Purple Karjam here, he's a bit busy with the Battle Razz ), gets warped to the Minara Desert, finds grass that hides monsters (no joke), finds a cavern, which leads underground to an area with crystals or something like that.

The Cavern has two areas.

Maybe I'll let a Lich Lord join the party there, I dunno.

The "actors" are (by canon name): JC (a serious spearman for the Alliance), Siobhán (the heroine of the game as well as a Surfacian / Earthling), Antonio (the Lich Lord, coming from Esiësia), Sadie (a Draconian girl who is also an Arcane Knight), Hayden (an excitable girl from Sylraphia who is n excellent spy), Nyla (a half-human, half-feline lady from Irova).

As you can see, the Minara Alliance apparently consists of anyone who can join. Razz

Yay, wall of text. Wacko
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

So far, progress:

- Ten characters in total (that join the party, including the protagonist herself).
- Ten maps in total (out of twenty).
- So far, RPG is playable up to the Minara Alliance Council part. I'm still working on that, due to adding weapons and stuff.

I'm a bit lazy right now Yawn...

Good night. Distorted Smiley
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:25 pm

What are you using as your game engine?

RPG Maker VX Ace Lite?
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
KarjamP
Moderator of Kindness
Moderator of Kindness
KarjamP

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:11 pm

You do know that's limited.

I have the full version, so if there's anything you might like that surpasses the limitations of Lite (like a different battle system, perhaps), then maybe I could build it for you (you might still need to design them using Lite for the maps and events and also make graphics, sound and music).

Just note that I have a bad habit of procrastination. Destiny of the Minara Alliance 2676598196
Back to top Go down
Cosette
Hero
Hero
Cosette

Character Sheets

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 pm

KarjamP wrote:
You do know that's limited.
Hence why there's only ten characters so far. Razz

KarjamP wrote:
I have the full version, so if there's anything you might like that surpasses the limitations of Lite (like a different battle system, perhaps), then maybe I could build it for you (you might still need to design them using Lite for the maps and events and also make graphics, sound and music).
That'd be awesome Razz
Although I can't think of anything right now, but who knows what I can do when I'm under pressure. Maybe even finish the game with 20 maps Very Happy

KarjamP wrote:
Just note that I have a bad habit of procrastination. Destiny of the Minara Alliance 2676598196
Whistling...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny of the Minara Alliance   Destiny of the Minara Alliance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny of the Minara Alliance
Page 1 of 1